Pre-Natal Massage is a gentle and safe massage program to ease the strain of pregnancy. We utilize a pregnancy body cushion (allows you to lay on your stomach) during pre-natal massage to make our clients as comfortable as possible!
Benefits of Massage Therapy for pregnant women:
- Reduce stress and promote general well-being.
- Helps the mother’s body to eliminate waste products through the lymphatic and circulatory systems, which combat fatigue and helps the mother feel more energetic.
- By aiding circulation, eases the load on mothers heart which helps to keep her blood pressure in check.
- Muscular discomforts, such as cramping, tightening, stiffness, tension and knots can all be alleviated.
- Help relieve symptoms of depression or anxiety caused by hormonal changes.
- Relieves many of the normal discomforts during pregnancy, such as backaches, neck stiffness, leg cramps, headaches, edema, and sore, swollen ankles and feet.
- Increases local and general blood circulation, which brings more oxygen and nutrients to the cells of both the mother and fetus.
- Stimulates glandular secretions, which helps stabilize hormone levels.
- Relaxes tense muscles and tones loose muscles, and can also increase muscular flexibility- important during last trimester.
- Helps to soothe and relax nervous tension, which helps the mother sleep more easily and more deeply.